Business Continuity Manager
Business Continuity Manager Inside IR35
Contract Term: 6 Months (Part Time 2 - 3 days a week)
Contracting Authority: Cabinet Office, Government Digital Service (GDS)
Location: Hybrid - London
GDS exists to help the government make brilliant public services that empower people in the UK. We work at the very centre of government to drive digital transformation, focused on users. We build and maintain common platforms, products and tools for others to use and create great public services that are accessible, inclusive and easy to use. We also work with departments to identify patterns, share learning and create change to make government more efficient.
Find out more about our work on our GDS Blog
We're looking for a Subject Matter Expert (SME) to provide part time consultancy support (2-3 days a week for 6 months) for the One Login programme.
As a Business Continuity Manager you will:
- Help us develop and test comprehensive business continuity strategy and programs, plans and toolsets that support response, develop resiliency and enable recovery from events that disrupt business and service operations.
- Be responsible for providing expert advice and guidance on business continuity life cycle activities;
- Including risk assessment, business impact analysis, implementation, testing and review, plan maintenance and updates.
- You will play a key role in helping us to achieve our goals.
- Sets the direction for a business recovery plan and procedure; reviews, revises, and expands existing plans and protocols;
- Provide support for service and business risk assessments, analysing potential impact of unpredictable interruptions such as major incidents and outages, security breach and broader environmental factors.
- Collaborate with staff to assist with the development of best practices to protect and restore data and systems.
- Provide guidance to identify and implement recovery operations and methods to allow for the service to function at limited or partial capacity in the event that part or all of the infrastructure is damaged or destroyed.
- Advise on and assist with practice drills for plan execution.
- Aid with the development of staff training on risk management and disaster recovery.
- Work with a range of stakeholders across the business to align One Logins Emergency management plan with established best practices and community standards.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
You'll have relevant experience in:
- Active SC/CTC Clearance is an essential requirement for this role.
- Thorough understanding of disaster recovery.
- A track record of delivery in a disaster recovery within the tech sector, working on programmes of comparable scale and complexity.
- Working in an Agile environment / Tech environment.
- Familiarity with business continuity program life cycle plans and source deliverables (e.g., disaster recovery, continuity planning) is essential.
- An understanding of current recovery solutions, high availability architectures and mainframe architectures is needed, as is knowledge of crisis communication solutions.
- Excellent strategic, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to think through hypothetical situations and concepts and to identify risks and weaknesses in various business processes.
- Ability to collaborate with others to develop an emergency plan.
- Excellent communication skills.
If this role sounds like something that you would be interested in, please click the link to apply or get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you require reasonable adjustments at any point during the recruitment process or if there is a more accessible way for us to communicate, please do let me know.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or if you are a veteran, and you meet the essential criteria for the role, PSR provides a 'Guaranteed Interview' scheme whereby you will have the opportunity to discuss this role and your suitability with a member of our PSR Sourcing team.
If you qualify, please notify us on PSRapplications@publicsectorresourcing.co.uk and we will be in touch.
In applying for this role, you acknowledge the following, this role falls in scope of the Off Payroll Working in the Public Sector legislation. Any rates of payment quoted will reflect the gross rate per day for the assignment and will be subject to appropriate taxes and statutory costs. As such the payment to the intermediary and your income resulting from this contract will be different.
Please be aware that this role can only be worked within the UK and not Overseas.