Lead Civil Engineer (Energy & Power)
About The Opportunity
Our Energy Transmission and Distribution (T&D) team has several frameworks with various UK and international T&D clients undertaking outline and detailed design of a wide range of projects including new and modified substations, overhead line upgrades/diversions/new builds and cable connections. A growing workload has given rise to a vacancy for a Lead Civil Engineer.
You will be working within a multidisciplinary project environment and be responsible for guiding a team of Civil Engineers to support our T&D design projects.
This is a key position which will suit an experienced Civil Engineer who can demonstrate strong technical and interpersonal skills combined with commercial awareness and the ability to play their part as part of a growing team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Produces deliverables for which they are responsible (design hypotheses, methodology and assumption notes; technical specifications; calculation notes).
- Perform technical verifications of civil engineering designs, models, and drawings.
- Contribute to CDM reviews, create, and maintain the Design Risk Register.
- Client Relationship Management at all levels in client organisations.
- Liaise with subject matter experts in the wider Energy team such as HV Plant, Protection & Control, Cables, and Project Management.
- Interfacing with other Jacobs engineering disciplines such as geotechnical, structures, environmental engineers, and highways.
- Liaise with our Global Integrated Design (GID) colleagues.
- Liaison with clients, contractors and third parties.